2014 proved to be a big year for CoWorkTampa. We experienced our highest number of memberships since our opening in 2012, added a new suite downstairs, and even received some awards along the way.
Here’s the list of the year’s Top 10 highlights:
- The Tampa Award Program selected CoWorkTampa as the “2014 Best of Tampa Awards for Coworking Space,” recognizing the company’s contributions to the community and the U.S. economy.
- The Tampa Hackerspace started in our 1st floor as a KickStarter campaign, raised over $15,000, grew to capacity, and moved into their own space in August.
- We spearheaded the Florida Coworking Passport program, which now consists of 15 coworking spaces across the state.
- The highly anticipated renovations were completed in October and added 2,000-square-feet to CoWorkTampa, including six new offices, a living room area and bean bag lounge.
- After attending Orlando’s Upstart Expo at the Aloft Hotel Downtown, we played host to Tampa’s Upstart Expo in November and connected techy graduates with up-and-coming startups.
- The Tampa Bay Business Journal nominated us as one of the Coolest Office Spaces in Tampa Bay!
- In March, Lyft launched from our space and gave us a big, pink, furry mustache as a parting gift.
- Ad2 Tampa Bay hosted a few events at our space, including an Internship Speed Dating event and an enthusiastic presentation by Daniel Alvarez, Hispanic Political Director for the Rick Scott campaign.
- We threw the best Grand Re-Opening party Tampa’s ever seen.
- We started a new monthly tradition–The Cocktail Creation Class, brought to you by bourbon, gin, vodka and more!
What’s in store for 2015? More members, more partnerships, and definitely more cocktail classes!